Wednesday, October 10, 2012

All Things Vincent

 'All Things Vincent' Introduction:

Who am I?

All Things Vincent is the title of my new blog. It honestly didn't take me very long to come up with this. I hope no one else out there is using this name. I don't believe anyone is, but you never know...

Anyway, my blog and blogger name have a kind of theme about them. For all you X-Files fans out there, I hope you figured it out by now. As much as I love Vincent D'Onofrio and Criminal Intent, my first love was The X-Files. Notice the past tense by the way. =)

I know a few people have wondered about my name and finally built up the courage to ask me. For those of you still wondering, a little explanation before I get on with bigger and better things (hint: VDO because he's bigger and most definitely better). For those of you that don't give a shit and just want me to get on with Vincent, just hold on for a few minutes while I ramble on for a few paragraphs. LOL

VINNIE VIDI VICI is my name. Well, not entirely. I first learned of the word 'ouroboros' from an episode of The X-Files, episode: Never Again (season 4). To make a long story short, Scully got a tattoo of an ouroboros. What does an ouroboros look like? Well, there isn't one picture that dictates what the design should exactly be per se.  Scully's was simplified, but here's what one can look like:


What is an ouroboros? If you're that interested, you can read here: Ouroboros. Basically, it's a dragon or a snake (serpent) devouring it's tail. That's the simplified version, but it symbolizes the re-creating of ones self and denotes eternity or eternal life. Get it? =)

Now that we have the ouroboros part covered, what's Snyder? There's nothing too it, really. If you haven't notice by now, I sign everything at the end with ~Snyder~. Snyder is simply my name. To be more specific, my last name. Years and years ago, I put the two words together and, voila, I got the name VINNIE VIDI VICI that I now use all around the internet.

Why did I choose 'All Things Vincent' as a title to my blog? All Things, actually known as 'all things' (all lowercase), was an episode of the X-Files that all true fans know about. It's possibly the episode in explaining a lot about the show (or at least how the relationship between Mulder and Scully got started). Gillian Anderson wrote the episode and made sure that it was known that the episode was all in lowercase, however I changed it. I originally put it in lowercase, but it didn't look right.

So there you have it. I hope to create a blog picture like all you other people out there with awesome Vincent blogs have, but I'm not superb with it comes to photoshop. Actually, I quite suck. LOL. Hopefully I'll be able to come up with something though - maybe even incorporate an ouroboros in there somewhere. =)

Well, after torturing you with my story, I think you deserve some pictures, don't you think?







Nothing too special this time - just some yummy pictures I picked out that I enjoy looking at. Actually, every picture of Vincent is special IMO. =)