Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Look

There's a certain scene in the movie Staten Island that I keep re-watching. I have screen caps of the scene and there's one look on Vincent's face that, in my opinion, is a splitting image of Bobby Goren. I know, I know, they're played by the same person, but when I saw the look on his face, I immediately thought: Bobby! That sad, unsure look is so Bobby.

Here's the look I'm speaking of:

















         
What do you think? Am I losing it? To me this is completely a 'Goren' look. If it wasn't for the fact that I knew this was a screen cap from Staten Island, I'd undoubtedly believe it's from Law and Order: Criminal Intent. You know what episode this actually reminds me of? The episode Siren Call and most definitely Blind Spot. Go back and watch the episodes and you'll be pointing at your screen saying "Yes! Snyder's right! There's the look! I see it!" He does this expression in more than those two episodes, but those are the two that came to mind first. It's that damn puppy-dog look he does so well - his eyes sad, his brows furrowed and his forehead wrinkled. I love it! I think this is the look I fell in love with! It makes me want to jump through my TV and hug him...

No other movie I've seen with Vincent D'Onofrio in it - though little it may be - emits an expression from him as profound and similar to his character on Criminal Intent like this movie and this shot.